Monday, December 2, 2013

Interesting Exercise

So this morning I was in the Blogger Dashboard and noticed I had 78 Blogs in my reading list. My first post was in November of 2009, so needless to say, I have been doing this for a while and have read a lot of blogs. There have been great friends I made along the way with these silly blogs, I am grateful for the opportunity.

Anyway, out of the 78, five of them are not sailing related, while the other 73 were. It made me think for a minute as there are only a few, maybe 6 or 7 sailing blogs on my list that post regularly...and when I mean regularly, I mean once a monthish. There are some, you know who you are :), that post daily and I usually start my day with a cup of coffee and a peruse of who is doing what and where. Since I am basically land locked for a lot of reasons, I enjoy reading along.

So what about the other 60 or so folks I started following at one time or another? It made me wonder, so I started going down the list one by one and taking a look at when the last post was entered.

I have to admit I was somewhat surprised at what I found. I never realized that so many people hung up their sailboats for good until I found post after post saying goodbye. In most cases, there was a final post that said goodbye, thanked everyone for following and that they were sad to go. Some posts I remember, others I do not. It was a tough thing to see, as it seemed like there were a lot of dreams put on the mantel and unfortunately, in some cases, I don't know why.

Of course they weren't all like that. I am sure some folks just got tired of blogging and just stopped, while others maybe in a place that they can't blog or something else unexpectedly popped up and...you get the idea. Regardless, I deleted about 34 inactive blogs this morning and it was somewhat depressing. It is possible that one day I will post one more time thanking everyone for following and wishing everyone still out there fair winds, but for now, I hope to still get on-board and sail off following the dream. Till then, Skylark will just have to wait patiently for me to be as ready as she is.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot add any new posts on my blog for some reason, but I still read others though. Had a great sailing season and hope you did too....Allan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Allan, nice to hear from you. I was wondering what you have been up to, glad to see you have been on the water and enjoying the new boat. Unfortunately, I have not been bale to get out to much doue to work this year, but I always have my fingers crossed it will change.
      Get that blog fixed! Enjoy.
      Jim

      Delete