Friday, December 17, 2010

Misery, thy name is Winter

It has been weeks of 20 degree weather, terrible winds, sleet, snow...the works in NC. It gets dark so early that by 7:30, you feel like going to bed just to get the day over with. Well, I was able to break that monotony by coming down to Skylark for a few days. I knew I was in for a welcomed change when I stopped for gas in Georgia and the temperature was 65...65 at night! It has not been over 35 in Asheville at the peek of  afternoon since early November.
Anyway, I stepped aboard at 11:00pm and by 11:20, everything was setup and it was like I never left. I can't describe the joy I get when I sit on the settee with a beer and some good music playing after the long drive down. I think a smile from ear to ear sums it up nicely. Everything was as it should be, and with the little heater making everything nice and toasty, I was ready for bed.
So in a few days, I will bring Zachary back to Asheville so we can all spend some time doing holiday stuff. He really enjoys the mountains and the snow, so we should have a nice time. But in the meantime, I will take in some sun and enjoy the warmth while I can. Snow tubing is on the agenda for next week, so I have to start mentally preparing now. If only it was a trip down south on Skylark. Oh well, maybe next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment